Did you know?
- Canada is the only developed country in the world which provides universal healthcare but does not cover the cost of prescribed medications.
- Two-thirds of Canadian households have out-of-pocket expenses for prescription drugs.
- Approximately one half of all Canadians have no coverage for prescription medication. This includes one third of Canadians employed full time, and three quarters of part time workers.
- One in four Canadians without insurance coverage has difficulty paying for medications.
- One in ten Canadians with insurance have difficulty paying for medications.
The House of Commons Standing Committee on Health has tabled a report recommending the establishment of a single payer, publicly funded prescription drug coverage program for all Canadians. But our fight is not over! This is not set is stone. We have to speak up to ensure that all Canadians have access to the drugs they need. Please continue to share your stories with your government representatives.