About the Certification Program
Nearly one in four Canadians are affected by asthma and allergies. For these Canadians, being able to find products that help create a healthier home environment is important.
The asthma & allergy friendly™ Certification Program is administered by Asthma Canada in partnership with the international research organization, Allergy Standards Limited (ASL). It is an independent certification program created to identify, scientifically test and certify consumer products that provide a more suitable environment for people with asthma and allergies.
How to find asthma & allergy friendly™ Certified Products
Only products that meet the highest standards are certified with the asthma & allergy friendly™ Certification Mark. Visit the asthma & allergy friendly™ Certification Program’s website to browse the complete list of certified products, including:
- air purifiers
- air filters
- cleaning products
- dehumidifiers & humidifiers
- laundry products
- professional cleaning services
- vacuum cleaners
- children’s toys
- washing machines
Program Fast Facts
- An independent medical panel reviews and approves the testing standards that each product must meet to be certified.
- Minimizing exposure to asthma and allergy triggers is called “environmental control” and is one of the cornerstones of modern care guidelines.
- The asthma & allergy friendly™ Certification standards support the overall concept of an allergen avoidance plan for people with asthma and allergies.
Our A&A Program Partners in Canada
Current companies that have certified asthma & allergy friendly™ products include:
In addition to: Downlite Canada, Bissell, Springs Global and Guardsman.
Please continue to link to this page for updates on our A&A Program partner products as well as future developments to the asthma & allergy friendly™ Certification Program.