Our mission is to help Canadians with asthma lead healthy lives through education, advocacy and research.
We fulfill our mission by:
- Educating and informing people living with asthma
- Engaging and empowering the asthma community
- Supporting researchers working to find better asthma treatments
- Advocating for awareness and change to improve access to healthcare
- Striving for excellence in service delivery through best practices
Our vision is a future without asthma.
Our values are at the core of what we do and act as a guide for the direction we take as an organization.
- We listen
- Caring and compassionate
Our Strategic Plan 2022-2024
We have adopted a strategy that will allow us to help change the lives of as many Canadians impacted by this chronic disease as possible. Together, we will make our vision of a future without asthma a reality.
Our Strategic Direction
Asthma Canada’s strategic directions for 2022 to 2024 are to:
- Increase Asthma Canada awareness, education and health promotion nationally;
- Develop a responsive advocacy strategy,
- Expand asthma-related research and research opportunities.
Asthma Canada is a registered charitable organization. We operate under the direction of a volunteer Board of Directors. The following committees work to advance our mission:
- Medical and Scientific Advisory Committee
- Education Committee
- Government Relations Committee
Asthma Canada has a national office located in Toronto, and works with volunteer and community organizations across the country.
Our Commitment to the Environment
The effects of climate change are of critical consideration for us all, but are especially consequential to those living with asthma. Asthma Canada is committed reducing our impact on the environment and supporting sustainable green initiatives. We prioritize sustainable, environmentally conscious operations and working with partners, employees and suppliers to reduce impact on the environment.
Our annual report highlights our achievements for the previous year, showing the progress that we made in our fight to stop asthma attacks and save lives. Download our annual reports: