Does your child (7-11 years old) have asthma?
Would you like your child to connect with other children with asthma? Would you like your child to learn strategies for managing their asthma and feel more confident?
Asthma Canada is proud to announce the Asthma Pals Mentorship Program. This program has been met with such positive feedback that we are excited to launch this supportive service for children with asthma across Canada.
What is it?
- A series of 8 weekly, online social support meetings for children between the ages of 7-11
- Kids will connect with other children with asthma from all over Canada, as well as experienced peer mentors living with asthma
- All meetings take place over the internet, using safe and secure online meeting tools
- The sessions will be supervised and led by peer mentors
How will it help?
- Participants will have an inclusive and positive space to voice concerns, address stigmas and ask questions about their condition
- By connecting with other children with asthma, participants will get an opportunity to develop a sense of belonging
- Under the mentorship of their peers, participants will get a chance to grow their self-confidence
- Mentors never provide medical information. Instead, they guide the conversation, in order to help develop the life skills needed for children to manage their chronic condition
How do we sign up?
- Interested in signing up for our next session? You can sign up to receive information on our next session by clicking the button below. If you have any questions about the program, please get in touch.