Gifts of RRSP/RRIF
A donation of RRSPs or RRIFs is a tax-effective and impactful way to make a difference for the Canadian asthma community.
Retirement funds are one of the most heavily taxed assets that you can pass on, unless a spouse or common law partner is the beneficiary. If you choose to transfer the assets to children/next of kin as the beneficiary, more than half of the RRIF or RRSP may end up being paid in income taxes.
By choosing to donate a RRSP or RRIF to Asthma Canada, you can help change the lives of over 3.8 million Canadians affected by this chronic disease. When you name Asthma Canada as the beneficiary of your registered plan, you will receive a charitable tax receipt for the value of the plan, avoid probate fees and reduce taxes. You can learn more about bequests and planned giving here.
Benefits of Donating RRSPs/RRIFs
- You receive a charitable tax receipt for your estate reducing income taxes;
- You avoid probate fees;
- You have the ability to donate and still provide for your loved ones by naming multiple beneficiaries;
- You provide a future gift while retaining ownership and use of your assets during your lifetime; and
- You have the satisfaction of knowing that you have made an incredible difference in the lives of Canadians with asthma.
How to donate RRSPs & RRIFs
- Speak with your professional advisors (accountant, lawyer, financial planner) to see if this type of donation works for you.
- Request a change of beneficiary form from your plan provider
- Update the beneficiary information to include Asthma Canada as the beneficiary of all or a portion of the RRSP or RRIF and submit the form to your plan provider
- Get in touch with Asthma Canada to let us know that you have made your gift so that we can recognize your generosity and convey our appreciation!
Why Choose Asthma Canada for your gift?
Asthma Canada is the only national charity solely devoted to enhancing the lives of Canadians with asthma and respiratory allergies. For more than 45 years, we have proudly served as the national voice of all Canadians affected by asthma. When you choose to support Asthma Canada, you’re making it possible for us to empower patients with evidence-based education programs, raise the voice of our community through advocacy initiatives and help unlock a future without asthma through research. You can learn more about how your gifts help make a difference here.
How Funding Helps
Gifts of Securities
If you are interested in leaving a gift of RRSPs/RRIFs to Asthma Canada, please contact us today to see how we can make a difference together.
Phone: 1-866-787-4050 (ext.109) | Email: email@example.com